SubAddiction
It's nice to have one's evenings back. And yet, like Frodo, I'm drawn to a round thing with a hole in it. There's a stack of unwatched DVDs that ache to be freed. I have resisted the addictive pull of the shiny things by substituting one addiction for another.
I've been going to this Christian forum. It's entirely nuts. I, for reasons I can't explain, am drawn to watching people act like buffoons. Drawn to watching them huff and puff righteously like sacred peacocks. And, frankly, I'm drawn to bad argumentation like a moth to a flame. It's addictive in a "I can't believe he said that!" kind-of way.
The second thing I've indulged in lately is playing this computer game called The Movies. The game itself is proving to be kind-of dull and full of too much micromanaging. But from what I've played around with, the part of the game where you make your own movie is a pretty fun movie-making toy, despite the lack of real control. I got sucked into it last night and "crafted" a three minute film out of pre-made scenes that, according to the game-time, took 53 months to shoot. There were many production delays as my director got cranky and went to drink at a bar, forcing me to grab him by the scruff of his neck and fling him back onto set. The reviews for my little opus were not entirely kind, something I find pretty hilarious considering the great reviews crap the game has produced without my expert knowledge have gotten.
I've been going to this Christian forum. It's entirely nuts. I, for reasons I can't explain, am drawn to watching people act like buffoons. Drawn to watching them huff and puff righteously like sacred peacocks. And, frankly, I'm drawn to bad argumentation like a moth to a flame. It's addictive in a "I can't believe he said that!" kind-of way.
The second thing I've indulged in lately is playing this computer game called The Movies. The game itself is proving to be kind-of dull and full of too much micromanaging. But from what I've played around with, the part of the game where you make your own movie is a pretty fun movie-making toy, despite the lack of real control. I got sucked into it last night and "crafted" a three minute film out of pre-made scenes that, according to the game-time, took 53 months to shoot. There were many production delays as my director got cranky and went to drink at a bar, forcing me to grab him by the scruff of his neck and fling him back onto set. The reviews for my little opus were not entirely kind, something I find pretty hilarious considering the great reviews crap the game has produced without my expert knowledge have gotten.
3 Comments:
I browsed through that forum. People like this seriously piss me off. Did you see that thread on mental illness?
Yeah, I've been looking at it off and on for a little while, but suddenly I've ramped up.
The mental illness thread? Yep. Just odd.
My dad has a button from the '60's that reads:
"Support Mental Health...or I'll Kill You!"
I think it's pretty funny.
Post a Comment
<< Home