Monday, June 19, 2006

A death in the family.

Noteworthy events recently:

Tara's laptop computer device went on the fritz big-time. This has the effect of making everything feel wrong and out-of-alignment. But it appears a warranty of some sort covers it. And the data on the machine has been recovered. So that's happy news. In the meantime, though, she has to use my computer which, while I'm happy to let her, always makes me feel weird.

There's an infestation of bugs trying to get in our house. Not sure what they are. They look like big ants with an extra extension. There have been numerous sightings. Today we opened the front door and three of them came crawling in like they were expected guests. They became guests of the bottom of a shoe.

Finally: I have had a vasectomy and the drugs they've given me have really taken an edge off of me. I have to go back to work tomorrow and I have no idea how I'm going to stay awake all 8 hours. I was supposed to go back today, but after spending yesterday high as a kite on vicadin and valium (the correct spelling of either of these can suck my dick) there was no way in hell I was going to try it.

I've been down for 3 days now. Here's a summary of movies watched:

Gangs of New York
The New World
The Ice Harvest
Lord of War
Return of the Living Dead 1,2,3
The Body Snatcher


I will not be writing reviews of all of these. I am far too tired.

5 Comments:

Blogger Q said...

Any sort of bug can be a bother. Maybe Tara will get an upgrade? Sharing computor is strange.
Hope you are out of pain. Better now than later in life on this surgery.
These movies do not appear to be funny movies.
I guess phone calls can be funny enough.

3:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, the death is the laptop, the bugs, or your vasa deferentia?

1:56 PM  
Blogger DMW said...

Ikin:
Be honest. You just wanted to post that so that you could write "vasa deferentia" didn't you?

5:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, yes.

YES YES YES!

vasa deferentia
vasa deferentia
vasa deferentia
vasa deferentia
vasa deferentia
vasa deferentia
vasa deferentia
vasa deferentia
vasa deferentia

Olè!

4:29 PM  
Blogger M. Gants v4.0 said...

How are your bits and pieces doing after the op? Sounds painful.

Oh yeah, just as painful (in a similar regard) was Hard Candy which I saw last weekend - holy crap...

4:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home